Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Pillow Potential

I love discount fabric shopping, especially when I see pricey pillows and realize I can have similar-looking ones for much, much less. These are the beginnings of more pillows for the great room and loft. 




I'm really liking the suzani-esque fabric on the top, but to stretch that fabric into 2 pillows I'll need to use a solid color for the back of the pillow. 


I've moved a lot of the artsy, projecty stuff up to the loft which is now equipped with shelving in the closet (I'll have to show a photo of that at some point, although I think it's mostly just exciting to me). Other "lofty" observations:  you'll notice that I'm still loving the kilim rug and the white stone slab is centered on my refinished stump and is providing a great table in the center of the space. When I purchased the glass bowl that's on the table at Goodwill I had never seen anything like it before, but I've seen a few similarly designed bowls since! It used to be a fruit bowl in the KT before it was replaced in favor of a bowl with some perforations that provide some airflow.

Hopefully I can employ my Mom's talents (and sewing machine) to get these pillows wrapped up sooner rather than later. I already made the trip to IKEA to get these pillow forms and these pillow forms. We'll see how long those hang out on the sofa before the cases are completed!

2 comments:

  1. Oohh, love the fabrics. Whoever got you that suzani-esque fabric is an awesome individual. I second the Ikea pillow forms, btw, they are so much cheaper there than if you made them yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, yes, that suzani fabric oozes great style. :)

      Delete