Thursday, June 21, 2012

Teach me how to Rug-ie

In a fit of insanity I ordered a rug online. I qualify it as insanity because (a) it was a relatively big purchase and--more significantly (b) it was non-returnable! Here's the stock-photo that convinced me to go for it.

Sphinx by Oriental Weavers Zanzibar Rug purchased via Gilt


I was able to purchase with a little more confidence after searching the rug online and finding that it was nearly $300 more here, so I could try to craigslist it and break even if it didn't work out for me. But, long story short, I don't need to worry about that because it came in the mail and it absolutely works for the great room! I had been scouting for a larger area rug (and pinning some!) ever since these photos made me realize a more spacious rug outline was necessary for a balanced layout. This one is just shy of 13 feet by 11 feet, so it's able to outline the Lou Regester sofas and the tobacco chair with some room to spare for the lucite side table, hourglass table and arc lamp. Yay, sample sale sites! (Link to Gilt here)

I can't wait to share some photos of it in action with a look back at the great room rugs that have gone before. Have you ever lucked out with a blind purchase? Or had to improvise to resell something that wasn't quite perfect?

1 comment:

  1. One way to make your hallway sparkle in your home is to add a Persian, oriental, or Indian rug from a website like Rugman dot com.

    ReplyDelete