Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Gifting Prints

I went on a purchasing spree on Pop Chart Lab a couple months ago (sign up for the emails, they have occasional sales) and got 3 cool prints to give as gifts.




Due to the nature of my relationships with the gift recipients, 2 of these will live in my house! Sometimes I love when gift-giving works out like that. Check out the links to zoom in on the massive amount of detail in the prints (especially the Cocktails one).

The prints don't come in frames, so I had to find those myself.  Based on the gift recipients I knew that if I didn't give the prints with frames they would end up tacked or taped to a wall. So the frame hunt was on.  I knocked out the frame for the 1st poster quickly--there was a frame that fit the bill on my first trip to Goodwill.

Unfortunately, it had this amazing poster in it already, so I had a difficult decision to make. I had to decide whether to keep the "All I need to know in life I learned from a cow" poster or replace it with the beer print. Ha, soooo difficult! Don't worry, I kept the cow poster, so shoot me an email if you'd like it shipped.


I might paint the frame at some point, but I wanted to get the print in there and hang it in the meantime. Now it's hanging in the loft (with this rug and a marble table with this base and a ton of other redone items--I need to post some photos asap!)



Smokin' deal! (Note this throw and this rug in the background)

The 2nd poster got a frame from another Goodwill.


I feel like the antique-looking frame goes well enough with the simple print that I don't need to worry about repainting it. I gave it with a Vis-a-vis marker so you can write on the frame and add additional beers and maybe circle favorites or the ones you've tried. Yay, interactive poster!


My sis was nice enough to grab the frame for the third frame at IKEA when Goodwill stores didn't serve up any frames with the right dimensions. The IKEA frame style looks great with the style of the print and didn't break the bank at $25, so it worked out fine.


 Is anyone else buying presents en masse? I feel like it's that time of year--which is fun because there's a reason to celebrate with friends and family nearly every weekend! Any other graphic prints that are floating your boat?

Awesome sidenote--there was this sepia toned matted print of a little boy giving a little girl a flower in the antique looking frame I used for the 2nd beer print, so I put out at the garage sale (you know how much I love those) I had this past Saturday and, despite my low expectations, someone actually bought it! One person's trash... :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment