Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Bedded Down

Ever since this post I've been meaning to post more bedroom photos and I finally got around to taking some during the day (so the lighting in the room is a little better) a few weeks ago.


I've since switched out the duvet for a thinner coverlet for summer--got to be cognisant of those electricity bills and avoid blasting the AC just because the bedding is too toasty!  I got the Coyuchi duvet from a sample sale on RueLaLa and the coverlet from a sale on OneKingsLane.

Isn't the stitching on that linen bow pretty?

I found the marble table on Craigslist. Before I saw the ad I wasn't sure what I wanted at the foot of the bed, but I'm liking this current find and it gives a great landing space for my bag and a convenient laundry folding station. When I got it I planned to swap the current setup for hairpin legs, but the current curvy look has grown on me.

Love the veining in the marble.

After the headboard came together, I wasn't sure what I wanted for lighting and didn't feel like I was so set on hinged wall-mounted lamps that I could spend $100+ on one for each side of the bed...although they do look pretty cool. So, I went with a lamp I already had. Unfortunately, I only had one, so I needed to find matching lamps to replace it or find something that might be able to work with it until I found some fantastic matching option in the future. After a couple months of half-hearted searching I came across an IKEA pendant lamp (FOTO) with a similar shape and just went with it.

Grabbed a hook at Lowe's to hang the lamp (this is similar and almost cooler-looking), which makes it easy to adjust the height of the lamp.



The little hooks that I fed the cord through on the side of the headboard give it a "free-wheeling, relaxed look"...


There's probably some room for improvement concerning the lack of wall decor.



Since removing the mirror from the master bath to replace it with the pair of mirrors I discovered (I need to post some photos to follow-up this post), I've been thinking that I could use that mirror and the mirror from the half bath vertically on either side of the bed after framing them out. Things to think about...

On one side of the bed I have a vanity (one of my earlier Craigslist finds) and I like how thick the wood is and the proportion of the piece. One of the side tables/stools that I purchased en masse provides the current seating.



Here's the other side of the bed. Yep, pretty plain. I'm not in love with that sofa, so I may be swapping that out in the future with an item that is yet to be determined.  The Calvin Klein coverlet (another bedding item I purchased from a sample sale) that used to be my solo bedcover hangs out of the back of the sofa.



It's still topped with the pencils and markers in stemless wine glasses that I first posted here, so maybe it's time to change it up a bit.

Annnd another corner. I neglected to get a photo of the low dresser that is on the left of the photo below. It's the mate of the dresser that magically fit in the bathroom alcove.


So, the room isn't nearly finished (case in point below), but it's a far cry from the dark bedding and an old tri-fold privacy screen (in the 2nd photo of this post).


Recap photo! 


Yes, the fireplace needs to be a handled-in-the-near-future projects. I still need to share the vast improvement to the great room fireplace--even though it's visible in some of the recent great room posts.  Any ideas for some of the missing pieces?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment