Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Zip it Good

I was extremely surprised and super excited when after I opened my big Christmas gift from the bf--a LAPTOP! Looking back, I don't know how I survived without one--or a computer, actually, since I just borrowed my sister's and used my phone. Yes, those were dark days.

One my first searches on the new piece di techologie was for laptop covers. Because what good is the portability factor of a laptop if you're afraid to cart it around for fear of it getting damaged? Ok, and there are some cool and stylish looking laptop sleeves and I like shopping for cool and stylish things. Well, the shopping turned into window shopping when I saw prices on some laptop sleeves so I decided to enlist some motherly assistance to make my own! I was thinking I could save some money and I'd be able to pick the exact combination of materials and style of sleeve that I wanted.

I found my inspiration via Pinterest but couldn't find the seller information (why don't some Pinterest users credit their pins appropriately?!). This was the photo I used:


Maybe someone will know the seller and I can credit correctly.

I could have added this to the Mothers' Day post because this was another Super Mom project. Fortunately for me, my birthday follows Christmas, so the project was able to manifest itself as a birthday present for me. Here it is:







I got the materials at my favorite always-an-adventure discount fabric store and showed my Mom the inspiration photo and talked about spacing for the different materials.


Look, she even quilted the interior!



Here are some other handmade laptop sleeve offerings from etsy.com:


1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9.

Faded ombre, bright orange, Pendleton wool fabric and fun, bright prints? Yes, please.

I think that some of these could work as cool oversized clutches, too. And since I couldn't pass up some other materials when fabric shopping, maybe there will be a handmade clutch in my future...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment