Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Summa Kumquat Laude



I'm now looking forward to beautiful arrangements like this one on a regular basis.  Because here's the new addition to the front patio...


A semi-dwarf kumquat tree! Just to be clear, I don't think I'll ever make an arrangement like the one above (from the book Bringing Nature Home with that photo featured here), but I am crossing my fingers and toes that this tree will survive where others have perished.

It's recommended to wrap the trunk with cardboard to keep the trunk from getting fried and my dad came up with the idea of using a cardboard tube. Good thing I hoard shipping supplies. (That's probably the only time I'll ever be able to say that.)


Hopefully I didn't jinx this guy's survival by posting this. I have a big shade for it waiting in the wings garage to use when the temperature gets to 95 degrees or so, but I'm thinking that getting it in the ground this early in the season will help its success.


Any springtime gardening adventures? Or bouquet eye-candy?

1 comment:

  1. Very cool, I hope it survives, but I think you have your bases covered nicely! I want to plant a vegetable garden this summer, but we're having frost instead of heat like you're having, so I have to wait :)

    ReplyDelete