Friday, December 30, 2011

Good Gourd

I was going to title this "Just Gourdgeous" because of Emily's comment on this post, but I held myself back. Speaking of that post, you remember those long-lasting gourds? Well, I'm stretching them through the holidays with a makeover.


Here's some Halloween action:

Here they are around Thanksgiving:

Here they are now:

I taped off the little stems and gave them a coat of white spraypaint (remind me not to by the $1 spraypaint anymore, it's terrible and futile and I resorted to touching them up with white paint) and then accented some with stripes and smears of metallic acrylic paint. Ahh, it's like a magical snowfall transformed my fall decor into a winter wonderland centerpiece. Pretend you never read that. I used another scrap of discounted fabric (blue-ish gray linen and added two rows of ribbon for some pale gold stripes. I topped it with a placemat gifted by this lovely blogger and reused the greenery from the Thanksgiving centerpiece.

So, here they are hanging out on the table. I think they fit right in with the tree.




I promise not to reuse these again for Valentine's Day....but I could get more....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment