Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Irony in Motion

Ok, so it's not really ironic, but neither is that Alanis Morrisette song. Maybe "cheeky" would be the better descriptor.  Anyway, I was scrolling through a Gilt Groupe sample sale and saw some interesting twists on likenesses of disposable items made from long-lasting materials, which reminded me of some other items that I've noticed in shops and online. These are some of the ones I could find and remember...


1. Ceramic Milk Carton $30 or $24 depending on size (sometimes there's a flash sale and they're 50% off)
2. Lightbulb Candles $24
3. Glass "Plastic" Bag $20
4. Literal Banana Bowl $280
5. Clear Tablecloth Table $209
6. Trompe L'oeil Cupcake Stand DIY! (check out the link!)

Have you seen anything of similar ilk? Anything "cheeky" used in your home now?

1 comment:

  1. Ha, I like those. The glass bag and the milk carton are my fav's. I have seen a lot of lamp bases and wine racks made to look like a piece of twisted rope lately...

    ReplyDelete