Friday, October 28, 2011

Grounded

I'm currently working on making the Monochromatic Dynamic loft into a relaxing sitting/reading/beverage enjoying/game playing/project completing room. I've been moving some items around and organizing it to meet these goals and I'll share some photos of my progress soon. In the meantime, here are the craigslist photos of the kilim rug I got for the space.



I'm in love with it and searched a loooong time for something with a cool pattern and a neutral palette. And that was affordable for me (unlike these buddies in this post!).

You can sort of get a distant sense of the loft a couple of transitions ago here (before it became a roomie's bedroom and then wasn't needed as a bedroom anymore). I'll have more "before" photos later on.

I love a nice, leisurely room transformation that gives me time to adjust my expectations and find and repurpose items from elsewhere in the house. Anyone working on anything without a deadline and loving it? Or wish that you were?

1 comment: