Friday, June 10, 2011

Black and White and Striped all over

I own very few striped clothing items (a nautical-ish skiiny stripe casual sweater and pinstripe pants--does that even count), but I think I might need to get onboard with more stripes because all of these options are looking so cool and so versatile. I'm especially liking the wide stripes in black and white...


Stripey Sources:
1. Max Mara (Saks) $177
2. ModCloth shell $50
3. East&5th (JCPenney) $20
4. Nanette Lepore (Bloomingdale's) $77
5. JCrew dress $88
6. Y-3 (SSense) $72
7. ModCloth blouse $40

I would happily wear any one of those items. Just not all at once, since even the collage is giving me vertigo. I think that most of these could transition from a casual setting to a work environment nicely, too! (or the costume trailer for Beetlejuice, but that's not what I'm focusing on right now)

I think this stripe ogling could have been brought on because I just purchased some striped outdoor fabric...maybe some outdoor pillows for the backyard will appear before additions to my wardrobe.

Any trends you've warmed up to?

3 comments:

  1. http://www.marimekko.com/collections/clothes/women/shirts/jokapoika-miss-022

    Marimekko has a pattern of uneven black stripes that almost look hand drawn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice find! I love that shirt--and a lot of their other clothing items (and that they don't need to be dry cleaned)--I didn't realize that they had clothing, too! I need to stop by a shop if I'm in the area of one...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice find!I have checked out the wish list of dresses.The black and white dresses here are really so stunning and awesome . Everyone must love the dresses here. The Max Mara,blouse, is so charming. Nice casual look...

    ReplyDelete