Tuesday, May 10, 2011

You Can't Handle the Mail!

Well, I shared some mail sorting paraphernalia here, and I picked up another craigslist item for some mail back up storage (also known as the magazines we don't want to throw away or haven't had time to flip through, yet. I originally had plans to refinish it, but decided to hang it in the meantime and now I'm thinking that cracks and slightly uneven colors add some character. Phew, it's nice when you save yourself effort and don't have any regrets because you didn't rush into a project.  Not that I ever have any issues rushing into projects...

It's hanging around the corner from the from door, next to a calendar that I haven't really been utilizing as much as I should be.

 Someday I'll decide on and purchase or make some window treatments...someday.

I made a label for each roomie using expensive natural-toned cardstock. Ok, it was the inside of a cereal box--which has come in handy on more than one occasion as nice natural-looking signage, as long as I'm sure that the colorful edges aren't visible and you can't flip it around to see Cap'n Crunch on the back.

 


I'm a little out-of-love with the calendar, but I'm not sure how to improve it or what would be a useful substitution, yet. Any ideas?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog! This idea is super useful. Your blog looks great.

    I answered your question about the tile trim on my blog, but I plan to do a post next week to better answer your question - its a great one that I didn't think to address.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'll check back and stay tuned for your post--as you can see in the background of my post before this one, I need to get moving on a backsplash... thanks again!

    ReplyDelete