Saturday, March 19, 2011

Vacation Togs

An impending trip to Costa Rica (!) for a wedding (!!) has me thinking of...clothes. Well, some casual resort pieces seem like they would fit into the landscape. I always feel 100 times more relaxed when I know I'm traveling with contingencies covered--rainy weather, lost passport, old map, broken sandal strap...bring it on, I've prepped for any setback! I like feeling like I planned ahead because I can enjoy the vacation instead of trying to hunt down a pharmacy because I forgot to pack a few bandaids. So, even if I don't end up needing that ib profen, I still feel at ease knowing I have it just in case.

A few of the items below are accompanying me, a few are some that I wish were accompanying me, and a few are just for fun. (I left out boring bandaid and sunscreen photos even though that would've have made for a more holistic visual packing list.)

1. Barneys tote
2. Rosa Cha suit
3. J Brand cutoffs
4. JCrew hat
5. ASOS beach shirt
6. JCrew sandals
7. Missoni jumper
8. T by Alexander Wang dress
9. OPI polish
10. Anthropologie necklace
11. Mosley Tribes sunglasses
12. Tom's shoes

I'm excited for some sun (just a little, I'll be sporting a hat religiously), and some relaxation (just a bit, since it'll be a short trip) :)

Any packing preferences? Are you going to get some time in the sand this spring?

2 comments:

  1. I'm still trying to figure out what is real and what is on your wish list, but I hope you have that expensive beautiful bathing suit because you would look amazing in it!

    PS I reread my comments several times to ensure they are error free to avoid ridicule of my poor grammar. I had to make 3 corrections today not including spelling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Stephanie
    #1, 2, 8 and 10 would have be fun to have, but I don't own them. sigh. The other stuff is something that I have or something pretty similar to what I packed (usually at a lower price point!). Alas, the swimsuit is not mine!

    haha, I can hardly be critical of any of that when my proofreading for the posts themselves is far from thorough.

    ReplyDelete