Monday, January 31, 2011

Re-Boot

We've had some great weather lately--this past weekend it even bordered on hot--but today is rainy and overcast and got me thinking of cozier looks. I have an unrequited love affair with boots, since finding boots that look proportional isn't the easiest task when you're taller than average. When I find a pair that is flattering and comfortable (e.g. doesn't have the shaped calf portion protruding from the back of my ankle) I buy them! I may even have 2 of the same pair--one in black, one in brown--of a stack-heeled boot that must have been made for a person who can credit half of her height to her calves, like me (mild exaggeration, but great mental image).

I've been on the lookout for a great flat black boot in a clean crisp riding style. It'd work for those casual and nights out when I want to sport skinny jeans and a sweater without dressing up the look and for those chilly days when I'm feeling that a pair of Tom's isn't warm enough with my leggings and tunic.


1. Frye Dorado Boots $430
2. Diane Von Furstenberg Boots $346
3. Ciao Bella Tori Boots $138
4. Apepazza Flat Boot $239
5. Mea Shadow Noa Boot $277
6. Ciao Bella Toni Boots $138

I always consider price-per-wear when buying clothing, especially to decide it spendy items are worth it. Any staples that you've been looking for? Or successfully found?

1 comment:

  1. Girl, I love your booty (ahem) booties. They all look like great investment pieces you would get a lot of mileage out of...literally. And I am always looking for great flats for work and jeans that are long enough!

    ReplyDelete