Saturday, January 8, 2011

Paintings in progress

The walls in my great room are blank (except for that perfect gray paint, of course) but I received some Christmas presents that will add some more dimension to the room. Yay, my bf got me canvasses as a Christmas present! Oh, wait, that was in 2009. Yeeeaaaaah, so I've made some progress on those babies, but at a Vermeer-like speed. I'll post some photos later.

I'm keeping the tones muted and using Eyvind Earle's landscapes as inspiration--but don't compare the quality of my work to his, that would just depress me.
Image link here, although I wish this was a photo of mine...
Sometimes I think I'm better with paper and an exacto knife than acrylic paints, so we'll see what I do with more canvasses I got for Christmas 2010...I might wrap those up in 2013 or so...

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see pics of the paintings you are working on!

    ReplyDelete