Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Parfait Montage




Who doesn't love summery parfaits? I made these for Father's Day dinner on Sunday with layers of strawberries, cream (heavy whipping cream with a few tablespoons of powdered sugar and a teaspoon of vanilla), chocolate pudding (boxed--I know, total cop out--and mixed with soy milk because I didn't have enough other milk on hand--still delicious), and cherries.

To pipe the cream on the top layer, I used a sandwich bag with a corner lopped off:

Double over the edge of the bag so you don't gunk up the top and you can still seal it.
Leave a corner food-free (or move the cream/icing/cheesecake mix out of the way).
Ready to beautify the tops of the parfaits.

When I was done I binder clipped (that's right, they're not just for the office anymore, folks) the open corner to save the leftover cream (which was mixed in with marscapone cheese and orange zest for a dip for the rest of the cherries the next day...)

I'm impressed with my foresight in making sure that a dessert spoon could easily fit in the glasses before I layered eveything up. I should have made extra, I could really use another one right now...

1 comment: