Friday, March 19, 2010

Glassware Versatility

I wouldn't say I'm the most organized person (neither would anyone else), but I find it satisfying when things are in "their place." This can be an issue, however, when I still don't have attractive storage options and I'm reduced to designating a square foot of open counterspace as an item's "place". So, I started putting pens and markers in stemless wine glasses that had outnumbered the space in their cupboard shelf.


Now all sorts of items have a place, it just happens to be in a drinking glass. I've carried the useful option to other situations:  I put forks and knives in a heavier glass when I'm guests are helping themselves from a buffet and I put toothpicks in delicate shot glasses with stems. I like the wine glasses as a catch all for whatever I'm collecting for a project at the moment--most recently fortune cookie messages--even scraps of paper have a chance at looking charming when housed in something that looks intentional. I could get ambitious and even use them for little plants. If I didn't have an electric toothbrush, I might keep a toothbrush in one of these, too!

The only problem with too much convertible usage (a la my shortage of dishes) is that I may not have glasses left for drinking...

Any easy open storage solutions to share?

3 comments:

  1. I love using decorative glasses for storage! I have used these (http://bit.ly/boKBP3) from Anthropologie in the bathroom for my makeup brushes. I have found a lot of decorative glassware there in unique shapes, colors, and patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These guys hold my pencils at work... http://bit.ly/aKFKKZ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, this is really Marge :)
    I was having some comment program installation/removal issues and so the comments made before I switched the programs post as if I wrote them...sigh. Thanks for the comments!

    ReplyDelete