Friday, February 5, 2010

PB and J-normous Possibilities

I'm not a peanut butter fiend (I haven't ever felt the urge to stop in an eatery and order a peanut butter sandwich), but I was trying to think of a way to make a bowl of common fruit seem even more appealing, and peanut butter dip fit the bill. After searching for recipes online (in the grocery store, naturally I planned ahead), I combined a few recipes to come up with this general approximation of a recipe:

Peanut Butter Dip
creamy peanut butter (1/2 cup or so)
vanilla yogurt (I used 2 portions of a yogurt 4-pack)
Cool Whip (you can alter amount to desired fluffiness, or skip entirely if you want it to be thicker)
cinnamon (a few pinches)

Mix the PB, yogurt and cinnamon together until uniform, then fold in the Cool Whip.
TA DA!

The dip was a hit with bananas slices and apple wedges once people realized that it wasn't hummus.

Any easy "recipes" to share?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment