Monday, February 8, 2010

Chalk it up

I recently posted the recipe my friends used for my birthday cookie gift--and mentioned the cool chalkboard-labeled container it came it. Then I remembered that my sister received a great chalkboard photo frame a few weeks earlier for her birthday, which prompted me to search for different kitchenwares with chalk-writing capability...



1. CB2 tabletop chalkboard $15
2. World Market pint glasses & wine glasses $16 (set of 4)
3. Crate&Barrel slate coasters $20 (set of 4)
4. World Market Glass Storage Containers $4-$5 (so many options!)
5. Rustoleum Chalkboard Paint (click for retailers, I think Target/Home Depot/Lowe's carry variations for around $10)

I haven't done any chalkboard projects yet, but I think a tabletop chalkboard would be fun idea for writing a menu or labeling buffet items so guests know that it's peanut butter dip and not hummus.

Does anyone already have some chalkboard projects under their belt?

2 comments:

  1. ooh the husband got me those World Market glass containers for Christmas ... I'm sure he'll be honored to know his choice was featured on your awesome blog ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, this is really Marge :)
    I was having some comment program installation/removal issues and so the comments made before I switched the programs post as if I wrote them...sigh. Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete