Monday, February 1, 2010

Anytime is window-shopping time

Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately for my budget), I don't make it out to stores that frequently. I rely on 1) my sister, who is amazingly adept at scouting deals and keeping others in mind when she's out shopping--I know, I owe her--and 2) online shopping. I tend to wait until a site has a deal on shipping before I buy, since it helps me justify not scheduling an in-person trip to the mall.

I also subscribe to several sample sale sites that offer awesome discounts (some awesome discounts are actually in my budget, some aren't) on certain brands for a couple days. It pays to look ahead and see if there's a brand you like that's going to be featured in the future, since the well-priced items can sell out really quickly and you'll want to be one of the first "in line."

You have to have an invitation to join the sites (even though it's free) and, as a member, you can offer invitations to others!

Feel free to use my invite links--click on the site name below--to subscribe to any of the sample sale sites below:

Gilt Groupe - Ranges from super high-end designers to less pricey brands with home decor and vacations, too. Their photos make purchases easier since they're well styled and accurately represented.

One Kings Lane - In addition to decor items, they have an ever-changing inspiration section with ideas and photos from different designers--and they included an Archipelago candle with the coverlet I bought recently, which was a nice touch!)

Joss and Main - Great selection of home goods (decor, kitchen, outdoor) at a variety of price points.

RueLaLa - Their clearance sales are great! Mid to high-end labels, men's and home items.

Ideeli - Check out their red sales.

Hautelook - great customer service from my experience (when a non-returnable product wasn't accurately described, they accepted the return).

Editor's Closet (don't be turned off by the music at their home page)
Email me for this (monochromaticdynamic@gmail.com) and I'll send you an invite, they don't have a url invite option.

Billion Dollar Babes  - they don't seem to change up their sales as often, but have cool jewelry lines and some casual clothes, and kid focused boutiques, too. UPDATE 6/26/12: This site doesn't appear to be having sales anymore.

Beyond the Rack - I don't visit regularly, but occasionally they'll feature a brand at a good price.

Full disclosure: I get a kickback if you make a purchase from the site, which helps me deal with the fact that more people will possibly be competing with me for potential purchases!

Has anyone gotten any smoking deals from any of these sites? Do you have any other sites that you peruse?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment